B O S S Y P R A D A B O O T S . C O M
Lifestyle Meets Culture
Root Chakra-What's the tea?
Your first chakra, root chakra, is the most important on your body. It's the base, the foundation, and the core of your emotional and mental health. The karmas of our past and current lives lie in the energy of Root Chakra. Lets look at a few things your Root Chakra affects and how to keep them balanced.
Believe it or not but your root chakra is heavily affected by your childhood (and past lives).
What are some instances that will block your root chakra in childhood? Tragic events such as: Abuse, Trauma, Shock and Devastation can lead to a blocked root chakra. Root chakra meditation can help you identify if your root chakra needs healing. The biggest indicator lies with stability: if you have trouble creating stability or feeling stable then check your root chakra!
One of the biggest reasons why people can go around with a blocked root chakra for so long is because some people will suppress (or medicate away) painful memories. It's terrifying and sometimes emotional to relive traumatic memories, however, it's useful to help you get down to the bottom of what wounded you. Some people opt for a therapist to be guided through these memories, others prefer to hypnosis, and some (like myself) enjoy meditation sessions with journaling.
15 Signs of an Unhealthy Root Chakra
The best way to tell whether you need to undergo root chakra healing is to pay attention to your thoughts, feelings, actions and physical sensations within your body.
Here are some signs to look out for:
1. You tend to obsess about money, you worry that you don’t have enough, you have catastrophic thoughts that surround going poor and becoming homeless, you over-work to soothe your anxiety surrounding finances, you become triggered whenever someone in your family spends too much, YOU must be in absolute control of the money in your family, etc.
2. You have a general mistrust of others (trust issues)
3. You believe that the only person you can rely on is yourself, and you avoid asking favours from others (even when you really need them)
4. You’re a workaholic who tends to burn out easily
5. You have a dysfunctional relationship with your family
6. You feel like there’s “never enough” to go around and you need to fight for what you want
7. You’re terrified of a loss of control
8. You are hyper-vigilant to any perceived signs of threat from others or your surroundings
9. You feel dizzy, anxious, spacey, and ungrounded for most of the day
10. You find it difficult and scary to be your authentic self around others
11. You feel disconnected from other people and nature
12. You are a hoarder who likes to “collect” a lot of things making your living space constricted and cluttered
13. You binge-eat or stop eating completely when you get depressed or anxious
14. You have leg and feet problems, such as swelling, infection, cramps, poor circulation
15. You tend to gain weight around the bottom half of your body (e.g. love handles, thick thighs)
How many of these signs can you identify with, in this list?
Overactive Root Chakra or Blocked Root Chakra?
With a blocked root chakra, you experience heightened anxiety, suspicion, and withdrawing. On the other hand, if you have an overactive root chakra you can be experiencing hoarding, workaholism, greed, and aggression. These aren't set in stone examples, yet, they can point you in the right direction when checking on your root chakra.
Healing Your Root Chakra
With Root Chakra healing, we begin to feel secure in our choices, can set and work towards goals, and our love and excitement for life are reignited. Courage, resourcefulness, and standing up to challenging situations and adversity are harnessed by the healthy flow of energy in the Root Chakra.
11 Ways To Heal Your Root Chakra
1. Gemstone Healing—garnet, red jasper, black tourmaline & bloodstone—place the gem on the root chakra area (base of the spine), or wear
2. Physical exercise—especially in the lower back and pelvic exercises
3. Nutrition—eating red foods—strawberries, tomatoes, beets, pomegranate
4. Nutrition — eating grounding foods — root veggies, animal protein
5. Connecting with the Earth (grounding) —walking barefoot on the grass, gardening, hiking, swimming in a lake, etc. etc
6. Asana yoga poses (Yin yoga)
8. Reiki energy healing
9. Essential oils—frankincense, myrrh, ginger, black pepper, sandalwood, rosewood, rosemary, cedar, clove
10. Affirmations—“I belong; I am home; I feel safe and secure; I trust myself; I love myself
11. Sound vibrations (specific sound frequencies are associated with each Chakra)